Saturday, June 30, 2012

Altered Jewelry Box



 I knew when I saw this unfinished jewelry box that it would look terrific altered with some I Am Roses flowers and the Ladies Diary collection from Graphic 45. But what project wouldn’t look terrific with those two amazing brands?
           
When it came to designing the top of the box, I was inspired by the v-neck. I love v-necks with their plunging drama, so I wanted to create that feel on the box. Accenting the v-neck are a doily and some white lace inside. Around the v, I created a necklace effect using some findings, and pendant chain from Michael’s Bead Landing collection. To embellish the V further, I also used a curly roses, white rose with pink in the middle, some cream and black half-inch roses and pink rosebuds from I Am Roses. A complete list of flowers and links is below.

And then I did a lot of fussy cutting and layering. :)



On the front of the box, I used more v-drama to pull back the paper over an elegant image of ladies gloves, and I accented the gloves with pearls for buttons and a pearl for a ring.




Inside the box, I used more I Am Roses flowers to accent the compartments to make them an even prettier place for holding little gems, jewels and trinkets.




For accent pieces, I also altered an embroidery hoop and a small kraft journal for writing secret wishes and special memories, and embellished both with coordinating I Am Roses flowers that I used throughout the box.

This was an especially fun project! Loving the flowers and the paper collection, which are MFEO — for sure.

Happy Independence Day for US followers and stay cool! Thanks so much for stopping by today.

I Am Roses Flowers

Curly Roses
Ivory Curly Roses G 3 – 153

Daisy
Peach Daisy Flowers D1 – 50

Gardenia
White Gardenias G 2 – 152

Roses
White R8 – 15

Soft Pink R8 - 2

Black R8 - 274

White and Pink in the Middle R6 – 921

Rosebuds
Ivory Semi Open T30 – 147 (Temporarily Unavailable – Check Back Soon)

Soft Pink Semi Open T30 – 124 (Temporarily Unavailable – Check Back Soon)




1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Absolutely stunning!!