Sunday, July 25, 2010

Le Romantique Mini Page Swap

I participated in the June Le Romantique Mini Page Swap hosted by Bona at Keep on Scrappin. I had such a blast creating my first mini page! Thank you so much Bona for hosting this swap!

I was in Group 2 and my paper was Enamored Embrace from the Graphic 45 Le Romantique paper collection. My inspiration for these pages was the swap challenge — roses and pearls.

Both sides of the page were misted with gold Glimmer Mist.


I created this page using ivory Victorian pleated trim from Twin Roses Costume Design. Check them out, because they have some cool trims, buttons and pins at some good prices. I also used ivory flat back pearls from Joann’s; a ribbon rose (my first following the fabulous tutorial at paperdrama Channel on YouTube); a Prima e-line flower; and a Martha Stewark butterfly punch that I embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss dots folder and distressed with some gold stickles.

For this side of the page, I created the envelope by cutting three envelopes from plain white card stock using the Sizzix Manila Envelope Die. That die is retired, but I think you can get the job done with the envelope die from the Cricut BaseCamp cartridge because it looks very similar. I layered the envelopes, adhering them together with red sticky tape to create an accordion effect. To dress up the envelope, I covered the outside with French Vanilla cardstock from Michaels, which I embossed with the Swiss Dots folder, and distressed the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink. I used a pearl and Velcro for the closure. Inside, the envelope holds three tags that I dabbed with Starburst Stain in Cocklebells Coral.

I cut the heart with the Tim Holtz Heart with Wings Alterations die. The crown was dabbed with a Gold Dabber, and I painted the heart with Tattered Rose crackle paint. The edges are distressed with Walnut Stain. Finally, the stem of a Prima rose is entwined with the heart. I adhered this to the envelope and adhered the envelope over a piece of black lace from Joann’s.

Thank you so much for reading this post, and don't be shy about leaving a comment! All are welcome! 

I will be posting my pages for Bona's Graphic 45 Playtimes Past swap shortly, so be sure to come back.

No comments: