Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Prima Almanac Altered Bottles and Tray

Don't you just love the Almanac paper collection? The pink, black and cream tones are among my favorites, and I adore how the paper collection has so many label die cuts. Those cuts inspired me to alter some bottles, because I thought the labels would look super cute on some bottles. And then I needed to alter a tray on which I could display my pretty bottles.


Here's a closer look at how I embellished the tray.


I purchased the bottles at Joann's for a $1 each, and the tray was a $.99 cent find from AC Moore. To alter the bottles, I used some burlap trim, twine in cream and black, and some seambinding that I distressed with my Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I also used some metal embellishments from Michaels, including a Tim Holtz crown trinket.

For the tray, I used a variety of I Am Roses flowers in cream, pink and black tones to complement the paper collection. A complete list of flowers with links is below. I also fussy cut the butterflies from the paper collection, used some polka dot tulle and a pearl spray.

I also made a card, using a vintage lady stamp from Michaels and a journaling spot from the Almanac paper collection.



1” Rose White & Pink

R8 Half-inch Roses in Black, Pink and Cream

S3-153 Off White Cherry Blossoms

GB3 – 151 Small White Gardenia

T20- 147 Small Cream Semi Open Rose Buds

T30 – 124 Soft Pink Semi Open Rose Buds – Temporarily Unavailable. Check back soon.

ZR 5 – 1 50 White Flower

No comments: