Monday, July 30, 2012

Lost & Found Altered File Folder

Because I need even more places to shop for crafty supplies :) I was checking out Staples to see if they had anything interesting. I came across some multi-pocket manila file folders by Pendaflex, and thought they would be lots of fun to alter.

So I dipped into my Lost & Found 2 papers from My Minds Eye and altered away. I am super proud of myself for cutting them up and using them for this project. I had been hoarding them a little while -- well for about a year.

I also used a big gardenia and a mix of R4, R8 roses and rose buds from I Am Roses. A complete list of flowers I used in the project with links is below.

For the inside of the folder, I created a pocket on the left side using a scrap that was leftover from the cover sheet when I cut down the 12 x 12. I also used some dies from Accucut to create the library pocket and tags.

For the right side, I simply decorated the multi-tiered pockets that come with the folder.

And here's a closer look at the tags:

I Am Roses Flowers:

Big Gardenia in Ivory:

Cherry Blossoms in Ivory:

R8 Roses in Ivory & Black:

R4 Roses in White:

Small Semi Open Rosebuds in Ivory & Black:

Pearl Small Cream Crochet Flower:

Mini White Hydrangea Scapbooking Flowers: