Sunday, April 8, 2012

Fairy Belle Altered Hanger and Iris Flower Tutorial

I Am Roses is having a new challenge — April Showers Brings May Flowers, and this month's challenge is to create a flower, using IAR products such as flowers, petals, stamens and/or leaves, and feature your flower in a project.

For all the details about how to enter, visit the IAR challenge blog by clicking here.

As part of the challenge, I created an altered hanger using the Fairy Belle paper collection. I altered the hanger to create a fairy garden scene.

For my flower, I created this iris using IAR petals and stamens.


For a tutorial on how I made my Iris flower and to get a closer look at my project, please see the video below which is available on my YouTube channel.



This was a super fun challenge, and I am really looking forward to seeing all the flowers that everyone creates for their submissions. The IAR design team members worked very hard on their flowers and projects, and the results are stunning! Be sure to check out all of their creations when you get a chance for some great inspiration!! Links to all the design team members' blogs are listed to the right.

Links to the flowers I used to create the iris and on my project are below.

Thank you so much for stopping by, and Happy Easter to those celebrating today.

I Am Roses Flowers


To Create the Iris I used:

P10-1 White Hydrangea



P25-151 White Paper Flowers


ZQST1-151 100 Foam Head White Color Stamen



Other Flowers Used

ZJC1 – 153 50 Small Ivory Crochet Flowers



GB4 – 153 Big Ivory Gardenia


GP2-1 Small White Gardenia Curly Petals


P9 – 1 Mini White Hydrangea


T30 – 147 25 Ivory Semi Open Rose Buds

1 comment:

zandra said...

Great flower and super tutorial. thanks for sharing.
Hugz, Z