Sunday, March 25, 2012

Gorjuss/Vanity Fair Card



Today I'm sharing a new card that I created using the Gorjuss stamp called Ruby and the My Mind's Eye Vanity Fair paper collection.

I LOVE Gorjuss stamps and it was fun creating this card, although I have to say the fussy cutting for this particular stamp was hard work. All that beautiful hair and the thin ropes of the swing made this a true fussy cutting challenge. LOL. I ultimately had to cut her down to three different pieces and re-assemble her. But it was worth it. The card turned out super cute.

I suspended the Gorjuss girl on a swing from the Tim Holtz hanger from the handing sign die, and I decked out the hanger with lovely I Am Roses flowers in white and orange/tangerine hues, a pretty pink carnation that I spritzed with some Rose Tea Glimmer Mist, plus a two tone maple leaf. I applied Glossy Accents to the cherry blossoms. I'm really digging the orange/tangerine toned flowers from I Am Roses.

For the sentiment, I used my new Graphic 45 Typewriter stamps and punched out the letters with a 5/8" circle punch. The lace trim is from Joann's.

Here's a complete list of the flowers I used with links so you can check them out.


R21-1 White Rose



S3-531 Orange Tangerine Cherry Blossoms


CA1-00 50 Mixed Pink Carnation


ZQ L0 – 721 100 Small Soft Green 2 Tone Maple Leaves


R8 – 15 100 White Paper Roses

T30 – 531 25 Tangerine Semi Open Rose Buds (Temporarily unavailable, check back soon)

No comments: