Thursday, November 10, 2011

Be the Change


Here's a cute, quick project that I created. It's a mini journal featuring one of my all-time favorite quotes from Gandhi: Be the change you wish to see in the world. What powerful yet simple and inspiring words.

To create this journal, I cut the cover and inside pages using my Sizzix Album Cover & Page die. What a great little die. You can do so much with it. I bound the pages with my Cinch. To reinforce the magnitude of changing the world on such a tiny journal, I used the world page from the Tim Holtz kraft resist paper stack. I just LOVE kraft paper, and I love that stack! The paper roses were fussy cut from Websters Pages Western Romance. I distressed the pages with TH Vintage Photo and Tattered Rose distress inks. To decorate the cover, I used a Tattered Angels frame, a TH pen nib, a feather, pink satin pleated trim, crochet trim and several of my all time favorite I am Roses flowers:




Here's another look:


Have a great day and remember the power to change the world lies within each one of us.

1 comment:

The Archiving Angel said...

Wow, this is just so lovely!
I am catching up on your blog & what a way to start.
Can't wait to see more.
Crafty best wishes,
Sonia